A new player, Deltro Solar, has entered the Barbados energy market. (FP)
- BRA’s Treasury Building branch to close early tomorrow Read More
- LIAT flight disruptions due to Hurricane Maria Read More
- King in waiting Read More
- Holder still a hot shot Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Songwriters get avenue to improve skills Read More
THE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY sector of Barbados will be boosted, thanks to the development of Deltro Solar, a 20 megawatt solar farm to be constructed on 70 acres of land at the corner of the ABC Highway and Waterford Plantation.
By November, the Deltro Group also plans to establish a photovoltaic solar panel manufacturing company, where the panels for the farm will be made.
Chief financial officer of the Deltro Group, Dean Del Mastro, said the island’s renewable energy sector had the largest room for growth, with the potential of generating hundreds of millions of dollars for the economy.
He said the manufacturing company will create jobs for over 400 people as well as enhance exportation of the products, which will help to boost this country’s foreign exchange. (LK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.