A new player, Deltro Solar, has entered the Barbados energy market. (FP)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- It takes two Read More
- Sport off track? Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
THE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY sector of Barbados will be boosted, thanks to the development of Deltro Solar, a 20 megawatt solar farm to be constructed on 70 acres of land at the corner of the ABC Highway and Waterford Plantation.
By November, the Deltro Group also plans to establish a photovoltaic solar panel manufacturing company, where the panels for the farm will be made.
Chief financial officer of the Deltro Group, Dean Del Mastro, said the island’s renewable energy sector had the largest room for growth, with the potential of generating hundreds of millions of dollars for the economy.
He said the manufacturing company will create jobs for over 400 people as well as enhance exportation of the products, which will help to boost this country’s foreign exchange. (LK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.