A new player, Deltro Solar, has entered the Barbados energy market. (FP)
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Lakers lose 3rd straight Read More
- Fidel grabs four for Hampshire Read More
- Keep buggery law Read More
- System too soft on violent crime Read More
- Avicii, Swedish electronic dance music artist and DJ, dead at 28 Read More
THE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY sector of Barbados will be boosted, thanks to the development of Deltro Solar, a 20 megawatt solar farm to be constructed on 70 acres of land at the corner of the ABC Highway and Waterford Plantation.
By November, the Deltro Group also plans to establish a photovoltaic solar panel manufacturing company, where the panels for the farm will be made.
Chief financial officer of the Deltro Group, Dean Del Mastro, said the island’s renewable energy sector had the largest room for growth, with the potential of generating hundreds of millions of dollars for the economy.
He said the manufacturing company will create jobs for over 400 people as well as enhance exportation of the products, which will help to boost this country’s foreign exchange. (LK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.