A new player, Deltro Solar, has entered the Barbados energy market. (FP)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
THE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY sector of Barbados will be boosted, thanks to the development of Deltro Solar, a 20 megawatt solar farm to be constructed on 70 acres of land at the corner of the ABC Highway and Waterford Plantation.
By November, the Deltro Group also plans to establish a photovoltaic solar panel manufacturing company, where the panels for the farm will be made.
Chief financial officer of the Deltro Group, Dean Del Mastro, said the island’s renewable energy sector had the largest room for growth, with the potential of generating hundreds of millions of dollars for the economy.
He said the manufacturing company will create jobs for over 400 people as well as enhance exportation of the products, which will help to boost this country’s foreign exchange. (LK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.