SUPER SUCCESS: YMPC celebrating their capture of the Super Cup. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Nurse top scored to help YMPC post a competitive 148 off 37.2 overs and then took a crucial wicket in a lively opening spell as YMPC took two wickets before Maple opened their account and limped to 109 all out off 47.4 overs.
YMPC’s decision to bat first seemed justified when openers Kemar Jabarry Smith and Steve Blackett got them off to a positive start in an opening stand of 36.
The innings stalled after the dismissal of Smith (20) in the fourth over and when Blackett was well caught by Jamar Griffth on the long-on boundary off medium-pacer Khalid Springer, YMPC had slipped to 71 for four in the 15th over. Blackett’s 33 came off 34 balls with three sixes and two fours. (PH)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.