Former Miss Universe contestant Jewel Garner (centre) with 2016 Miss Universe Barbados contestants Kenya Bhola (left) and Ukweli Wilson (right). (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The line-up of beauties vying to represent the island at the Miss Universe Pageant were on the cocktail circuit last week, days before competing in last night’s Miss Universe Barbados show at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
Social Scene caught up with the contestants hobnobbing at the Royal Shop on Broad Street Monday night, when owner Hiranand Thani and his wife Nisha hosted a cocktail reception in the ladies’ honour.
It was the first time he was doing “something of this nature”, Thani told his guests, and he was doing it in honour of Barbados’ 50th anniversary of Independence to mark the Royal Shop’s 40th year of operation in December and to give back to Barbados.
Amidst the glitz of the jewellery on display in the store, the contestants added their own glam and the franchise director Brian Green was pleased as punch. (GC)