TRIUMPHANT: Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel celebrating his epic victory with the fans. (Pictures by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
THIS IS ONE thriller where “Michael Jackson” had to beat it.
Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel certainly came up big, twice coming from a set down and eight points behind to rally for one of the greatest ever road tennis comebacks as he overcame Julian “Michael Jackson” White at the Barbados Public Workers’ Cooperative Credit Union’s Monarchs Of The Court road tennis tournament.
Facing elimination at 10-2 down in the fourth set, Daniel battled back for a near two-hour 20-22, 25-23, 17-21, 22-20, 21-13 semi-final thriller in front of a standing-room-only crowd at the old BET Wildey courts.
“That is the toughest game I played in a long time because ‘Jackson’ was playing what you called A1 tennis. . . (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.