TRIUMPHANT: Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel celebrating his epic victory with the fans. (Pictures by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
THIS IS ONE thriller where “Michael Jackson” had to beat it.
Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel certainly came up big, twice coming from a set down and eight points behind to rally for one of the greatest ever road tennis comebacks as he overcame Julian “Michael Jackson” White at the Barbados Public Workers’ Cooperative Credit Union’s Monarchs Of The Court road tennis tournament.
Facing elimination at 10-2 down in the fourth set, Daniel battled back for a near two-hour 20-22, 25-23, 17-21, 22-20, 21-13 semi-final thriller in front of a standing-room-only crowd at the old BET Wildey courts.
“That is the toughest game I played in a long time because ‘Jackson’ was playing what you called A1 tennis. . . (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.