- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
CLOSE TO 50 employees working at the Sandals Barbados Resort and Spa Expansion Project in Dover, Christ Church, walked off the job yesterday morning.
According to reports reaching the WEEKEND NATION, the disgruntled workers downed tools around 8:30 a.m. to protest what they said were unfair wages and broken promises by management.
The 45 labourers, carpenters and masons were contracted by local company JADA Builders Inc. and the majority of them were said to be from Guyana and St Vincent.
Following the early morning strike action, some of the workers met with management during an hour-long meeting.
However, the workers were not satisfied with the outcome of that meeting and remained off the job. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.