- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
CLOSE TO 50 employees working at the Sandals Barbados Resort and Spa Expansion Project in Dover, Christ Church, walked off the job yesterday morning.
According to reports reaching the WEEKEND NATION, the disgruntled workers downed tools around 8:30 a.m. to protest what they said were unfair wages and broken promises by management.
The 45 labourers, carpenters and masons were contracted by local company JADA Builders Inc. and the majority of them were said to be from Guyana and St Vincent.
Following the early morning strike action, some of the workers met with management during an hour-long meeting.
However, the workers were not satisfied with the outcome of that meeting and remained off the job. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.