A dejected Antonio “Lil Man” concedes he wasn’t at his best due to soreness in the final which was won by Mark “Venom” Griffith (in background being congratulated by fans). (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Former NBA player to participate in Digicel camp Read More
- Bajan Gems narrowly defeated by Northern Ireland Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
ROAD TENNIS crowd pleaser Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel says even though he was hampered by soreness in his legs, he is not making any excuses for his straight-sets loss to Mark “Venom” Griffith in the final of Barbados Public Workers Cooperative Credit Union’s Monarchs of the Court last Saturday night.
However, he warned that he will be looking to rebound from that defeat in the upcoming World Championships at the Springer Memorial Auditorium next month.
“I think I was poor tonight, actually. What went wrong was the middle of the first game going on to the end. My hamstring behind my leg, I found that it got sore,” Daniel told NATION SPORT after the final.
“But I have no excuses. He played well and he won, but I can’t done here. I got to come again,” said Daniel, who has now lost three of the five encounters between the two. (EZS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.