Sandra Husbands raises her hand in jubilation after securing the St James South nomination. (Picture by Sandy Pitt)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- Gittens going for gold Read More
- Logie backs WI Women to rebound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
THE HOTLY CONTESTED nomination in St James South has been won by Sandra Husbands.
Around 7 p.m. at the West Terrace Primary School, the Barbados Labour Party members of the constituency threw their support behind management consultant Husbands to be their candidate in the upcoming general elections.
It was the end of a keen battle between Husbands and international trade specialist Dr Ronnie Yearwood which saw both candidates trading barbs in the print media and on talk radio shows.
Husbands won 87 to 41. She will go up against Minister of Industry and Small Business Development Donville Inniss. (HLE)