Sandra Husbands raises her hand in jubilation after securing the St James South nomination. (Picture by Sandy Pitt)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THE HOTLY CONTESTED nomination in St James South has been won by Sandra Husbands.
Around 7 p.m. at the West Terrace Primary School, the Barbados Labour Party members of the constituency threw their support behind management consultant Husbands to be their candidate in the upcoming general elections.
It was the end of a keen battle between Husbands and international trade specialist Dr Ronnie Yearwood which saw both candidates trading barbs in the print media and on talk radio shows.
Husbands won 87 to 41. She will go up against Minister of Industry and Small Business Development Donville Inniss. (HLE)