Barbados Labour Party candidate for St Michael North West Neil Rowe (centre) surrounded by supporters including former Member of Parliament for St Michael South East Delisle Bradshaw (left). Picture by Nigel Browne.
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Meghan Theobalds is Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Read More
THERE WAS JUBILATION throughout many quarters of St Michael North West tonight as Neil Rowe sealed the deal as the new candidate to represent the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) in the upcoming general election.
The majority of the near 500-strong crowd of BLP supporters that descended at the Ellerslie Secondary School jumped and cheered when just before 9 p.m. it was announced that Rowe amassed 113 votes, beating Marsha Hinds-Layne’s 46.
In his acceptance speech, Rowe vowed to lead the charge for the labour party to unseat Democratic Labour Party rival, Minister of Finance Christopher Sinckler to retain the seat for the party.
Four candidates were initially vying for the seat but former BLP member of Parliament for the constituency Mark Williams withdrew from the race along with Michael Harris. (SDB Media)