Gale Ann Williams (centre) with second-placed Monique Deane (right) and Khenya King, who was third. (Picture by Insight Digital.)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
AFTER A FIVE-HOUR SHOW that tested the six contestants, Gale Ann Williams emerged on Sunday night as Miss Big And Beautiful for 2016.
The 35-year-old described herself to the crowd at the Derrick Smith Vocational Centre in Jackmans, St Michael, as “an hour glass with a few more minutes”.
While some in the audience disapproved of the judges’ decision, Gale Ann held her head high and took her victory walk. She also won Best Talent for a dramatic piece called Champion Girl. She also won Best Formal Wear, Best Lingerie and Miss Congeniality. (NS)