Some of those who gathered in National Heroes Square for the Sagicor Life Inc. Lighting Ceremony. (Picture by Alex Downes.)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
THOUSANDS OF BARBADIANS from all walks of life descended on National Heroes Square for the 20th Sagicor Life Inc. Lighting Ceremony this evening.
Shortly after 6 p.m. Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and four Barbadians born in 1966 switched on lights across the country.
Members of the public, politicians, government officials, church leaders and businessmen were among those who attended the event which kicked off a month of intensified Independence celebrations.
The ceremony included a number of speeches and performances from entertainers. (AD)