Prime Minister Freundel Stuart. (FP)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Foster takes bronze Read More
- Hales in, Smith snubbed Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has reaffirmed that costs for the hosting of events to celebrate the island’s 50th anniversary of Independence are within the $7 million allocated.
“So far we have been able to keep, based on my most recent advice, expenditure on the celebrations within the vote that Parliament agreed for it, within the vote that was allocated to it,” he said.
Stuart was speaking to the DAILY NATION on Saturday night at the Christ Church Foundation School where he viewed The Pride Of Barbados Exhibition by artist Coral Bernadine.
He said he would not be distracted by those who believed the cost of the celebrations was an issue of any particular relevance to Barbados at age 50. (LK)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.