Prime Minister Freundel Stuart. (FP)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Let’s go, girls! Read More
- Abbas drives Pakistan to series victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has reaffirmed that costs for the hosting of events to celebrate the island’s 50th anniversary of Independence are within the $7 million allocated.
“So far we have been able to keep, based on my most recent advice, expenditure on the celebrations within the vote that Parliament agreed for it, within the vote that was allocated to it,” he said.
Stuart was speaking to the DAILY NATION on Saturday night at the Christ Church Foundation School where he viewed The Pride Of Barbados Exhibition by artist Coral Bernadine.
He said he would not be distracted by those who believed the cost of the celebrations was an issue of any particular relevance to Barbados at age 50. (LK)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.