Prime Minister Freundel Stuart. (FP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has reaffirmed that costs for the hosting of events to celebrate the island’s 50th anniversary of Independence are within the $7 million allocated.
“So far we have been able to keep, based on my most recent advice, expenditure on the celebrations within the vote that Parliament agreed for it, within the vote that was allocated to it,” he said.
Stuart was speaking to the DAILY NATION on Saturday night at the Christ Church Foundation School where he viewed The Pride Of Barbados Exhibition by artist Coral Bernadine.
He said he would not be distracted by those who believed the cost of the celebrations was an issue of any particular relevance to Barbados at age 50. (LK)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.