Renaldo Alleyne: guilty of manslaughter. (FILE)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
CAMPUS TRENDZ killer Renaldo Alleyne yesterday started the appeal of his six life sentences.
Alleyne, who was charged with the September 3, 2010 murder of Shana Griffith, Kelly-Ann Welch, Pearle Amanda Cornelius, Kellishaw Olliverre, Nikita Belgrave and Tiffany Harding, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on June 1, 2011 on all counts.
On July 4, 2011, he was sentenced to life imprisonment by Justice Elneth Kentish on all counts, with the sentences to run concurrently.
Co-accused Jamar Bynoe was found guilty of murder on July 1 this year on all six counts and was sentenced to hang. (TKS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.