Renaldo Alleyne: guilty of manslaughter. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
CAMPUS TRENDZ killer Renaldo Alleyne yesterday started the appeal of his six life sentences.
Alleyne, who was charged with the September 3, 2010 murder of Shana Griffith, Kelly-Ann Welch, Pearle Amanda Cornelius, Kellishaw Olliverre, Nikita Belgrave and Tiffany Harding, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on June 1, 2011 on all counts.
On July 4, 2011, he was sentenced to life imprisonment by Justice Elneth Kentish on all counts, with the sentences to run concurrently.
Co-accused Jamar Bynoe was found guilty of murder on July 1 this year on all six counts and was sentenced to hang. (TKS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.