St James Central MP Kerry Symmonds (FILE)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- Zuckerberg says Facebook made mistakes on user data Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
PUBLIC ACCOUNTS COMMITTEE member Kerry Symmonds is standing by the Opposition Barbados Labour Party’s position that $10 000 per month was being shelled out for security services at The Grotto.
Minister of Housing Denis Kellman had responded sharply to the claim by Symmonds two Sundays ago and said the payments were also for other Government properties that were being vandalised.
However, earlier this week Symmonds shared copies of two 2015 tax invoices submitted to the National Housing Corporation by a private security company for services provided in one month at The Grotto alone, totalling close to $10 000.
The invoices carried a National Housing Corporation-stamped proof of receipt. (GC)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.