- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The Caribbean’s major financial crisis Read More
- Economic restoration needs unified action (Part 1) Read More
- Budapest to withdraw Olympic bid Read More
- Jason Holder among three reprimanded for breaching Code of Conduct Read More
- EDITORIAL: Tourism news lifts the spirit Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Mother-in-law is tiring me out Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
A VIDEO of a mother inflicting a severe beating on her young daughter with a two-by-four plank in front of several onlookers has rubbed many Barbadians the wrong way. The video went viral on several social media websites and resulted in people calling for the matter to be investigated by the Child Care Board while accusing the mother of gross child abuse. But speaking to the DAILY NATION yesterday with her smiling daughter at her side, mother Karen Jordan said she did not believe she went overboard with her actions. She also said she did not care what anyone thought about the beating.