- Inniss leads Bajan mission to Cuba Read More
- Boost for start-ups Read More
- Joshua riding high Read More
- TONY COZIER: Mitchell should let Legends take lead Read More
- TONY BEST: Preparing for climate change Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: What it means to be a teacher Read More
- The Wonder of Vintage Reggae Read More
A VIDEO of a mother inflicting a severe beating on her young daughter with a two-by-four plank in front of several onlookers has rubbed many Barbadians the wrong way. The video went viral on several social media websites and resulted in people calling for the matter to be investigated by the Child Care Board while accusing the mother of gross child abuse. But speaking to the DAILY NATION yesterday with her smiling daughter at her side, mother Karen Jordan said she did not believe she went overboard with her actions. She also said she did not care what anyone thought about the beating.