- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism a loser in Budget 2016 Read More
- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- Riley out of team Read More
- Badminton strides Read More
- FAMILY FUSION: Befriending your physical self Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Good, bad, puzzling (2) Read More
- Chris Brown arrested after altercation at home Read More
A VIDEO of a mother inflicting a severe beating on her young daughter with a two-by-four plank in front of several onlookers has rubbed many Barbadians the wrong way. The video went viral on several social media websites and resulted in people calling for the matter to be investigated by the Child Care Board while accusing the mother of gross child abuse. But speaking to the DAILY NATION yesterday with her smiling daughter at her side, mother Karen Jordan said she did not believe she went overboard with her actions. She also said she did not care what anyone thought about the beating.