Britain's Prince Harry (seated centre) is flanked by Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Duke of Edinburgh Awards trustee Sir Trevor Carmichael. Standing (from left) are local Duke of Edinburgh chairman Stephen Smith, Jade Gibbons and Charlee Gittens. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Titus strikes gold Read More
- Bajans seeking more Carifta swim medals Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
BRITAIN'S PRINCE HARRY presented Barbadians Charlee Gittens and Jade Gibbons with the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award at Government House minutes ago.
The award for Jade comes after a gruelling nine years of projects, while it took Charlee seven years to complete the work which earned her the prestigious award.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave, local chairman of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Stephen Smith, representatives of Prince's Trust International and other specially invited guests were at Government House for the presentation of the award. (GC)