Sir John and Lady Connell were all smiles at their home last night. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.) INSET: Dame Selma Jackman and Sir Geoffrey Cave. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
BARBADOS has two new knights and a dame.
The honour of Knight of St Andrew has gone to Geoffrey Cave for his outstanding contribution to business and John Connell, QC, for his outstanding contributions to law and the protection of the environment.
Selma Jackman, a surgeon, was bestowed with the title Dame of St Andrew for extraordinary and outstanding achievement in service of Barbados and to humanity at large.
The announcement of National Honours came on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Independence of Barbados.
While Cave and Jackman could not be reached, Connell was quite philosophical when asked for a comment by MIDWEEK NATION last night. (JS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.