Sir John and Lady Connell were all smiles at their home last night. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.) INSET: Dame Selma Jackman and Sir Geoffrey Cave. (FILE)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Bajan karter wins WSK title Read More
- Williams still the queen Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
BARBADOS has two new knights and a dame.
The honour of Knight of St Andrew has gone to Geoffrey Cave for his outstanding contribution to business and John Connell, QC, for his outstanding contributions to law and the protection of the environment.
Selma Jackman, a surgeon, was bestowed with the title Dame of St Andrew for extraordinary and outstanding achievement in service of Barbados and to humanity at large.
The announcement of National Honours came on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Independence of Barbados.
While Cave and Jackman could not be reached, Connell was quite philosophical when asked for a comment by MIDWEEK NATION last night. (JS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.