Sir John and Lady Connell were all smiles at their home last night. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.) INSET: Dame Selma Jackman and Sir Geoffrey Cave. (FILE)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
BARBADOS has two new knights and a dame.
The honour of Knight of St Andrew has gone to Geoffrey Cave for his outstanding contribution to business and John Connell, QC, for his outstanding contributions to law and the protection of the environment.
Selma Jackman, a surgeon, was bestowed with the title Dame of St Andrew for extraordinary and outstanding achievement in service of Barbados and to humanity at large.
The announcement of National Honours came on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Independence of Barbados.
While Cave and Jackman could not be reached, Connell was quite philosophical when asked for a comment by MIDWEEK NATION last night. (JS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.