UK Prime Minister Theresa May, (GP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Bajan karter wins WSK title Read More
- Williams still the queen Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
Theresa May, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, issued the following statement of congratulations and best wishes to the Government and people of Barbados as they celebrate 50 years of Independence.
I AM DELIGHTED to congratulate Barbados on the occasion of its 50th Anniversary of Independence.
Barbados and the UK are united in our shared history, culture, language, and much more.
The UK welcomes Barbados’ many achievements over the last 50 years. With its motto of ‘Pride and Industry’, Barbados has become the forward-looking nation we see today.
Today, as people in Barbados and around the world celebrate this significant milestone, I send my best wishes to you all.
I look forward to our countries continuing to work together over the next 50 years and beyond to strengthen our enduring partnership. (PR)