UK Prime Minister Theresa May, (GP)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
Theresa May, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, issued the following statement of congratulations and best wishes to the Government and people of Barbados as they celebrate 50 years of Independence.
I AM DELIGHTED to congratulate Barbados on the occasion of its 50th Anniversary of Independence.
Barbados and the UK are united in our shared history, culture, language, and much more.
The UK welcomes Barbados’ many achievements over the last 50 years. With its motto of ‘Pride and Industry’, Barbados has become the forward-looking nation we see today.
Today, as people in Barbados and around the world celebrate this significant milestone, I send my best wishes to you all.
I look forward to our countries continuing to work together over the next 50 years and beyond to strengthen our enduring partnership. (PR)