UK Prime Minister Theresa May, (GP)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Jules to miss USVI game Read More
- Two reign supreme Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Theresa May, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, issued the following statement of congratulations and best wishes to the Government and people of Barbados as they celebrate 50 years of Independence.
I AM DELIGHTED to congratulate Barbados on the occasion of its 50th Anniversary of Independence.
Barbados and the UK are united in our shared history, culture, language, and much more.
The UK welcomes Barbados’ many achievements over the last 50 years. With its motto of ‘Pride and Industry’, Barbados has become the forward-looking nation we see today.
Today, as people in Barbados and around the world celebrate this significant milestone, I send my best wishes to you all.
I look forward to our countries continuing to work together over the next 50 years and beyond to strengthen our enduring partnership. (PR)