Barbados Labour Party MP Dwight Sutherland. (FILE)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Meghan Theobalds is Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Read More
THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY of Independence celebrations were just a political stunt.
That’s according to Opposition Member of Parliament for St George South, Dwight Sutherland, who lambasted the Freundel Stuart administration for what he claimed was its exclusion of the Opposition during the recent activities.
Speaking at a constituency branch meeting at Big Red Bar and Variety on Sunday, Sutherland said the Government had refused to give the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) credit for the past 50 years of Independence.
“The Democratic Labour Party (DLP), in the 50th year of our Independence, refused to give credit and refused to let the BLP play a part in the planning of the celebrations when we represented this country 24 out of the 50 years of Independence,” the MP told constituents gathered at the Drax Hall Hope, St George venue. (AD)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.