Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator Maxine McClean. (FILE)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Meghan Theobalds is Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Read More
A CALL is being made to revisit the subject of garbage disposal.
It is coming from Senator Maxine McClean, Leader of Government Business in the Senate, as she piloted a resolution for debate of the Barbados Green Economy Scoping Study yesterday.
She told the Upper Chamber the challenge Barbados faced as a small country was an increase in consumption that had resulted in a build-up of waste.
McClean said that her administration had brought to Parliament pieces of legislation to foster the use of renewable energy, whether to regulate activities or put incentives in place for investment. (JS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.