Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator Maxine McClean. (FILE)
- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Best earns junior Pan Am silver medal Read More
- Glory for Gabriel Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Inquire before cutting service Read More
- Romeo laid to rest Read More
A CALL is being made to revisit the subject of garbage disposal.
It is coming from Senator Maxine McClean, Leader of Government Business in the Senate, as she piloted a resolution for debate of the Barbados Green Economy Scoping Study yesterday.
She told the Upper Chamber the challenge Barbados faced as a small country was an increase in consumption that had resulted in a build-up of waste.
McClean said that her administration had brought to Parliament pieces of legislation to foster the use of renewable energy, whether to regulate activities or put incentives in place for investment. (JS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.