Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator Maxine McClean. (FILE)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Savage Samuels Read More
- Big bucks to tour Pakistan Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- Spare the rod and . . . Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
A CALL is being made to revisit the subject of garbage disposal.
It is coming from Senator Maxine McClean, Leader of Government Business in the Senate, as she piloted a resolution for debate of the Barbados Green Economy Scoping Study yesterday.
She told the Upper Chamber the challenge Barbados faced as a small country was an increase in consumption that had resulted in a build-up of waste.
McClean said that her administration had brought to Parliament pieces of legislation to foster the use of renewable energy, whether to regulate activities or put incentives in place for investment. (JS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.