David Cumberbatch: The kind of Samaritan who has been helping fellow butchers. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
IT COULD BE a pork-less Christmas for some Barbadians if some pig farmers are not able to get their meat cut.
For the past six months, both the saw and the dehairing machine at the Government-run market at Six Roads, St Philip, have been out of service and it is causing headaches for farmers.
Several pig farmers yesterday complained to the WEEKEND NATION that they were finding it extremely difficult to get their meat cut and were at a loss as to where to turn.
One small farmer who gave his name as Kelvin said he had become so frustrated that he was contemplating cancelling all of his orders for Christmas. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.