David Cumberbatch: The kind of Samaritan who has been helping fellow butchers. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
IT COULD BE a pork-less Christmas for some Barbadians if some pig farmers are not able to get their meat cut.
For the past six months, both the saw and the dehairing machine at the Government-run market at Six Roads, St Philip, have been out of service and it is causing headaches for farmers.
Several pig farmers yesterday complained to the WEEKEND NATION that they were finding it extremely difficult to get their meat cut and were at a loss as to where to turn.
One small farmer who gave his name as Kelvin said he had become so frustrated that he was contemplating cancelling all of his orders for Christmas. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.