DJ Puffy (centre) made it to the finals of the Red Bull ThreeStyle 2016 World Deejay competition. (GP)
- Barbados wins major recognition with Expedia award Read More
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Champions League draw: Liverpool v Bayern Munich, Man Utd v Paris St-Germain Read More
- Pride had belief Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Love for Smokey Read More
DJ PUFFY HAS created history.
Repping 246, he is the first Bajan and the first DJ from the Caribbean to make it into the finals of the Red Bull ThreeStyle 2016 World Deejay Competition being held in Chile.
DJ Puffy who pulled number three to compete last night against DJs from Brazil, France, Italy, Spain and Belgium was a wildcard entry into the competition.
The competition is broken down into three segments, where each DJ has to play at least three styles of music.
DJ Puffy was all about the genres of the Caribbean and by time the winner of the category was announced the crowd was already chanting DJ Puffy repeatedly.
DJ Puffy, who travelled only with his laptop and headphones, said he carried the most lethal weapon to the competition: "My Caribbean music. The equipment was provided by the organisers. It was such an experience playing and to go up against guys who I have watched so many times."
The 25-year-old whose real name is André Parris said the game plan for Saturday is the same game plan he had coming into the event: "To represent Barbados and the Caribbean." (NS)