As dawn broke, partygoers danced to tunes provided by guest DJ Rico Suavé. (NRB)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THE FIRST LIGHT breakfast cooler party has proved to be one of the places to be on New Year’s morning.
Now in its second year, the concept, part of the Limerz Cruise brand, ignores the traditions of Old Year’s Night parties, senior director Chris John told DAILY NATION yesterday morning.
“This is something we came up with that is quite different to the standard Old Year’s Night party which has become quite ‘samey’ over the years. We have realised we prefer to have a good time without all [the hassle] and came up with a . . . New Year’s Party which actually starts at 2 a.m. and celebrate the sunrise,” he said.
The party, held at the East Point Bar and Grill, St Philip, attracted hundreds of people and was completely sold out before the start, which caused some grumblings. In addition, there were long lines at the gate as patrons were searched and their phones scanned as part of the ticket pal system. (CA)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.