Arantees Lawrence (centre), being tackled by Randy Burrowes, will be on loan with Weymouth Wales from Pinelands. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
BARBADOS’ most glamorous football club, Weymouth Wales, have secured the services of one of the country’s most gifted players in Romario ‘Pete’ Harewood for the 2017 Barbados Football Association’s Premier League season.
A busy transfer window last month saw a record 175 players and officials switching clubs ahead of Sunday’s start to the season at the Usain Bolt Sports Complex.
National player Harewood, who has completed his stint in the Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP), will be joined at Weymouth by his Barbados teammates in prolific goal-scorer Arantees Lawrence, who is on loan from the demoted Pinelands.
Defender Rico Graham, who comes over from Premier League champions, UWI Blackbirds, and his former BDFSP teammate Stefan Cumberbatch have also teamed up with the reigning Knockout Cup kings. (EZS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.