Minister of Industry Donville Inniss. (File Picture)
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: The truth and the corporate truth Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Our economies must be diversified Read More
- Holder: Windies in a tough phase Read More
- St Barnabas whip Blackbirds ‘B’ Read More
- A lot resting on Bay Street hotel Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Should my daughter marry again? Read More
- Not much hype Read More
BARBADOS’ POTHOLE EPIDEMIC, described just days ago by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart as a “transitory inconvenience”, has left one member of his Cabinet digging into his pocket and upset.
A SUNDAY SUN team happened upon Minister of Industry Donville Inniss in the wee hours of yesterday after his car dropped into a pothole on the ABC Highway less than 100 metres from the Hinds Hill, St Michael junction, bursting a tyre.
Inniss, who limped home on the slowly deflating tyre, confirmed to the SUNDAY SUN that it was the “second time in about four months I have been the victim of a pothole”, revealing that the first episode cost him almost $3 000 and damage to two wheels.
The St James South Member of Parliament, who was visibly upset at the scene, complained that once again he would have to pay to replace a tyre and have the wheel examined for damage. (RRM)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.