Minister of Industry Donville Inniss. (File Picture)
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Oxfam’s ‘outrageous’ tax list Read More
- No battery room? No problem! Read More
- Punishing ‘Pa’ an allround winner on court Read More
- A THORNY ISSUE: World Cup hopes still a dream Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Tips to determine if you love an abuser Read More
- FAMILY FUSION: Socially wealthy (3) Read More
- Dance show cut after backlash Read More
BARBADOS’ POTHOLE EPIDEMIC, described just days ago by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart as a “transitory inconvenience”, has left one member of his Cabinet digging into his pocket and upset.
A SUNDAY SUN team happened upon Minister of Industry Donville Inniss in the wee hours of yesterday after his car dropped into a pothole on the ABC Highway less than 100 metres from the Hinds Hill, St Michael junction, bursting a tyre.
Inniss, who limped home on the slowly deflating tyre, confirmed to the SUNDAY SUN that it was the “second time in about four months I have been the victim of a pothole”, revealing that the first episode cost him almost $3 000 and damage to two wheels.
The St James South Member of Parliament, who was visibly upset at the scene, complained that once again he would have to pay to replace a tyre and have the wheel examined for damage. (RRM)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.