Minister of Industry Donville Inniss. (File Picture)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Dominant Froome wins fourth Tour Read More
- England win Women’s World Cup in thrilling finish Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- A soca party on de Hill Read More
BARBADOS’ POTHOLE EPIDEMIC, described just days ago by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart as a “transitory inconvenience”, has left one member of his Cabinet digging into his pocket and upset.
A SUNDAY SUN team happened upon Minister of Industry Donville Inniss in the wee hours of yesterday after his car dropped into a pothole on the ABC Highway less than 100 metres from the Hinds Hill, St Michael junction, bursting a tyre.
Inniss, who limped home on the slowly deflating tyre, confirmed to the SUNDAY SUN that it was the “second time in about four months I have been the victim of a pothole”, revealing that the first episode cost him almost $3 000 and damage to two wheels.
The St James South Member of Parliament, who was visibly upset at the scene, complained that once again he would have to pay to replace a tyre and have the wheel examined for damage. (RRM)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.