Richard Parris’ family – (from left) brother Olvin Parris, mother Violet Parris and sister Blondelle Morris – are torn up because he was buried and they were not told. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The Caribbean’s major financial crisis Read More
- Economic restoration needs unified action (Part 1) Read More
- BCU has new president Read More
- Budapest to withdraw Olympic bid Read More
- EDITORIAL: Tourism news lifts the spirit Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: The value of teachers Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
THE EXTENDED FAMILY of a man whose body was discovered on Christmas Day is still looking for closure, even after his burial.
Neither do they believe the rumours that Richard Parris took his own life.
Parris, whose body was found partially decomposed in his car at Bath, St John, was buried last Thursday, but his family is crying foul, claiming his spouse, Sandra Ifill-Parris, who was given control of his body, did not inform them about his final farewell.
“Heartless” and “not right” are how the Lodge Hill, St Michael family describe her actions.
According to Violet Parris, Richard’s mother, no death notice was placed in the newspaper and nothing was broadcast on the radio. She added that efforts by Richard’s family to contact Ifill-Parris about funeral preparations were unsuccessful. (LK)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.