TAKE THAT: Chargers’ Devon Leacock (left) and Akela Blenman failing to seal the block against Warrens’ Xhane Greenidge (right). (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- ON THE RIGHT: Adverse effect on region’s economies Read More
- ON THE LEFT: FATCA behind financial mayhem Read More
- ON THE BALL: Let the drums roll Read More
- A THORNY ISSUE: Right move, Mr President Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Want nothing to do with baby’s dad Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Govt was warned Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
LEAGUE QUEENS Pan American International Insurance Warrens kept on course for a first-time double when the Goddard Enterprises Limited Senior Volleyball Knockouts continued at Oldbury, St Philip, on Monday night.
Warrens made a mess of what was expected to be a cakewalk against Chargers, the team that had spawned them, before taking the match 25-19, 25-20, 22-25, 23-25, 15-7.
Predictably, Warrens took the first two sets with young St Michael School all-round athlete Xhane Greenidge and Rhe-Ann Niles excelling in attack to give great support to veterans Anthazia Mason and Talya Layne.
Warrens then started playing some horrible volleyball as Chargers seized the initiative with Thonya Joseph, Daneka Headley, Devon Leacock and young setter Dashonta Addison soaring to carry the game to a decisive fifth set. (KB)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.