TAKE THAT: Chargers’ Devon Leacock (left) and Akela Blenman failing to seal the block against Warrens’ Xhane Greenidge (right). (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Springer, Foundation U-19 final Read More
- BWU thrillers Read More
- Economy must meet needs Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
LEAGUE QUEENS Pan American International Insurance Warrens kept on course for a first-time double when the Goddard Enterprises Limited Senior Volleyball Knockouts continued at Oldbury, St Philip, on Monday night.
Warrens made a mess of what was expected to be a cakewalk against Chargers, the team that had spawned them, before taking the match 25-19, 25-20, 22-25, 23-25, 15-7.
Predictably, Warrens took the first two sets with young St Michael School all-round athlete Xhane Greenidge and Rhe-Ann Niles excelling in attack to give great support to veterans Anthazia Mason and Talya Layne.
Warrens then started playing some horrible volleyball as Chargers seized the initiative with Thonya Joseph, Daneka Headley, Devon Leacock and young setter Dashonta Addison soaring to carry the game to a decisive fifth set. (KB)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.