TAKE THAT: Chargers’ Devon Leacock (left) and Akela Blenman failing to seal the block against Warrens’ Xhane Greenidge (right). (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
LEAGUE QUEENS Pan American International Insurance Warrens kept on course for a first-time double when the Goddard Enterprises Limited Senior Volleyball Knockouts continued at Oldbury, St Philip, on Monday night.
Warrens made a mess of what was expected to be a cakewalk against Chargers, the team that had spawned them, before taking the match 25-19, 25-20, 22-25, 23-25, 15-7.
Predictably, Warrens took the first two sets with young St Michael School all-round athlete Xhane Greenidge and Rhe-Ann Niles excelling in attack to give great support to veterans Anthazia Mason and Talya Layne.
Warrens then started playing some horrible volleyball as Chargers seized the initiative with Thonya Joseph, Daneka Headley, Devon Leacock and young setter Dashonta Addison soaring to carry the game to a decisive fifth set. (KB)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.