Bernard Sealy: “I really appreciate the fact that I am finally getting recognition from Government.” (FP)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
THIS MORNING will be like no other in the life of Bernard Sealy. The former world-class amateur and International Federation of Bodybuilding (IFBB) pro will be officially honoured by the Government of Barbados for his sterling performances.
Today marks the presentation of medals for the National Independence Awards at Government House and Sealy will receive his Barbados Service Medal (BSM) for three decades of excellence, the highlight of which was capturing the world middleweight championship gold medal in Paris, France, in 1989.
“It is a long time in coming. I really appreciate the fact that I am finally getting recognition from Government. I am very proud of my country and I am pleased to be finally recognised,” he said.
Sealy, who turned 64 last November, returned home over the weekend for the national awards ceremony. He said he was honoured to be the only sportsman in the 50th anniversary Independence list. (MK)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.