NOT HAPPY: Coach Franklyn Stephenson (back row, centre and below) may not be entering his academy, who were losing finalists last year when they won a number of trophies, in the BCS Under-13 competition. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- ON THE RIGHT: Adverse effect on region’s economies Read More
- ON THE LEFT: FATCA behind financial mayhem Read More
- ON THE BALL: Let the drums roll Read More
- A THORNY ISSUE: Right move, Mr President Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Want nothing to do with baby’s dad Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Govt was warned Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
FORMER PROFESSIONAL cricketer Franklyn Stephenson is planning to pull stumps on his team’s participation in the Barbados Cricket Supplies Under-13 tournament after this year.
Yesterday Stephenson told MIDWEEK SPORT he was taking the action because he was dissatisfied with the way the eight-year-old tournament was being administered.
He said that as a junior tournament the registration fees were too high.
“After this year I don’t think I will continue because I am not in agreement with how management is taking the cricket,” he said. (RG)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.