BOA’S TOP TWO ATHLETES: Akela Jones (left) and Mike Maskell, who could be going after his sixth Olympic Games with their BOA’s awards. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
SKEET SHOOTER Mike Maskell says he may target a sixth Olympic Games outing in 2020.
Buoyed by his best ever showing of 17th position at the Rio Games in Brazil last year, Maskell told MIDWEEK SPORT he had not ruled out participating in the Tokyo Games in Japan.
“I’m not going to say too much at this point. There are two years prior to the opening ceremony of Olympic Games when the qualifiers and quota places actually start, so I have a couple years to make some serious decisions,” said Maskell.
The 50-year-old Maskell, who is based in Indiana, United States, was speaking just after he was named Senior Male Athlete Of The Year at the Barbados Olympic Association’s (BOA) awards presentation dinner at Hilton Barbados last Friday night. (EZS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.