BOA’S TOP TWO ATHLETES: Akela Jones (left) and Mike Maskell, who could be going after his sixth Olympic Games with their BOA’s awards. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Volkswagen to invest $27 billion in core brand until 2022 Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
SKEET SHOOTER Mike Maskell says he may target a sixth Olympic Games outing in 2020.
Buoyed by his best ever showing of 17th position at the Rio Games in Brazil last year, Maskell told MIDWEEK SPORT he had not ruled out participating in the Tokyo Games in Japan.
“I’m not going to say too much at this point. There are two years prior to the opening ceremony of Olympic Games when the qualifiers and quota places actually start, so I have a couple years to make some serious decisions,” said Maskell.
The 50-year-old Maskell, who is based in Indiana, United States, was speaking just after he was named Senior Male Athlete Of The Year at the Barbados Olympic Association’s (BOA) awards presentation dinner at Hilton Barbados last Friday night. (EZS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.