June Fowler, chairperson of the Barbados Investors and Policyholders Alliance. (FP)
- No urgency on exchange of information Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The economic threat of crime Read More
- Blue the champs at St Ambrose Read More
- BCA in charge Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Charity better than nothing Read More
- EDITORIAL: Make Barrow’s story relevant Read More
- Edwin Yearwood pulls out of regional competition Read More
EIGHT YEARS OF financial pain and suffering are on the verge of becoming relief for thousands of CLICO and British American Insurance Company (BAICO) policyholders.
The MIDWEEK NATION learnt that in separate orders issued last month, the High Court has paved the way for affected Barbadians to receive their funds this year.
This was confirmed by Barbados Investors and Policyholders Alliance Inc. (BIPA) president June Fowler.
On December 16 Justice William Chandler approved a transfer agreement between CLICO International Life Insurance Ltd (under judicial management) and New Life Investment Company Inc. (NLICO) and Resolution Life Insurance Limited (ResLife). (SC)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.