Combermere Students back at their Waterford campus yesterday. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
STUDENTS of Combermere School have given their refurbished school a thumbs up.
Having been away from the Waterford, St Michael institution since mid-November last year, students said not only were they glad to be back, but that the buildings felt cleaner.
Their comments came as Combermere principal Vere Parris urged them yesterday morning to take ownership and care of the Waterford institution.
He was speaking on the first day of the new Hilary school term, as he welcomed back the 1 000 or so students, weeks after the school had been closed for environmental issues. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.