Chaneese Edmund and her daughter Shaneesia at home. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Worrell places fourth at Junior Pan Ams Read More
- Garner signs off Read More
- Bajans must hold place on WI team Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- A soca party on de Hill Read More
CHANEESE EDMUND needs help urgently if her child is ever going to have a chance at any kind of education or training.
The 23-year-old Lakes, St Andrew mother of four is finding it difficult to secure transportation for her eldest child, seven-year-old Shaneesia, to attend the Challenor Creative Arts and Training Centre in Canefield, St Thomas.
“She has cerebral palsy and she cannot stand without holding on to something, so getting on a bus with her is difficult as some people don’t want to stand up and let her sit.
“I used to have someone drop me to Sturges where the Challenor bus would pick her up but that is no longer possible,” she said. (CA)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.