Erwin Boyce is one of several lawmen who were promoted. He will now wear the clasp of Assistant Commissioner of Police. (FILE)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
AFTER A COURT battle that halted police promotions for the past four years, 66 officers will move up the ranks today in a short ceremony at Police Headquarters, Roebuck Street, The City.
Heading the list is the man tipped to take over the reins of the Royal Barbados Police Force, Senior Superintendent Erwin Boyce, who will now wear the clasp of Assistant Commissioner of Police.
The latest development comes three weeks after Justice Margaret Reifer dismissed an application by 14 officers who challenged their omission from a promotion list that was sent to the Police Service Commission (PSC).
The officers were claiming that they were on an original list first submitted to the PSC by former Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin. (TS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.