Erwin Boyce is one of several lawmen who were promoted. He will now wear the clasp of Assistant Commissioner of Police. (FILE)
- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Dominica welcoming 'voluntourism' in wake of Hurricane Maria Read More
- 'Elizabeth' keep swim title Read More
- Haloute sisters top show Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Seventh heaven Read More
AFTER A COURT battle that halted police promotions for the past four years, 66 officers will move up the ranks today in a short ceremony at Police Headquarters, Roebuck Street, The City.
Heading the list is the man tipped to take over the reins of the Royal Barbados Police Force, Senior Superintendent Erwin Boyce, who will now wear the clasp of Assistant Commissioner of Police.
The latest development comes three weeks after Justice Margaret Reifer dismissed an application by 14 officers who challenged their omission from a promotion list that was sent to the Police Service Commission (PSC).
The officers were claiming that they were on an original list first submitted to the PSC by former Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin. (TS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.