Erwin Boyce is one of several lawmen who were promoted. He will now wear the clasp of Assistant Commissioner of Police. (FILE)
- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Bolt holds on for final Golden Spike win Read More
- QC boys hold on to claim league crown Read More
- Simple but not simplistic Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- $250 000 calypso prize ‘not possible’ Read More
AFTER A COURT battle that halted police promotions for the past four years, 66 officers will move up the ranks today in a short ceremony at Police Headquarters, Roebuck Street, The City.
Heading the list is the man tipped to take over the reins of the Royal Barbados Police Force, Senior Superintendent Erwin Boyce, who will now wear the clasp of Assistant Commissioner of Police.
The latest development comes three weeks after Justice Margaret Reifer dismissed an application by 14 officers who challenged their omission from a promotion list that was sent to the Police Service Commission (PSC).
The officers were claiming that they were on an original list first submitted to the PSC by former Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin. (TS)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.