A Barbados National Terminal Company Limited drilling rig. (FILE)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- UWI new queens Read More
- Warrican’s spin hurts Red Force Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- Barrow’s warning coming to pass Read More
- Court of Appeal orders retrial for Soca star Machel Montano Read More
BARBADOS NATIONAL OIL Company Ltd. (BNOCL) has confirmed that it has signed an agreement with the SOL Group for the sale of the shares of its subsidiary, Barbados National Terminal Company Limited (BNTCL).
A release issued today said in accordance with the agreement, BNOCL will continue to source, import, own and distribute gasoline, diesel and fuel oil to all local marketers.
“Consumers will continue to access product at their regular sources as before. Prices at the pumps will only change in accordance with the price of imported products as is currently done,” the statement said.
Completion of the sale, which is subject to certain conditions including receipt of regulatory approvals, is anticipated to occur in the first quarter of 2017. (PR/NB)