Director of marketing Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc., Robert Chase (left), chatting with Peter Harris (centre) of The Cliff Restaurant and Larry Warren of St Nicholas Abbey. (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Lakers lose 3rd straight Read More
- Fidel grabs four for Hampshire Read More
- Keep buggery law Read More
- System too soft on violent crime Read More
- Avicii, Swedish electronic dance music artist and DJ, dead at 28 Read More
BARBADOS’ five nominations in the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards reflect the quality of the island’s tourism product.
This is the view of director of marketing at Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. Robert Chase.
The country is in line to win awards for Best Caribbean Attraction (St Nicholas Abbey and George Washington House), Best Restaurant in the Caribbean (The Cliff), Best Caribbean Golf Course (Sandy Lane Green Monkey) and Best Caribbean Dive Site (Carlisle Bay).
In congratulating the nominees this morning for ensuring the Barbados brand continues to rank among the top, Chase said the nominations “a indicate the overall satisfaction of visitors who explore our island”.
It is now up to Barbadians and visitors to ensure that the prizes come home to these shores. Each person is allowed one vote per category, per day. Voting continues daily up to January 30. (YB)