Opportunities are opening up in the cruise sector. (FILE)
- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Opening ‘no problem’, for Dottin Read More
- Farley bounces back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
MORE BARBADIANS could find work on cruise ships this year.
Trinity Recruitment Services, a Barbadian company which recruits for several of the leading cruise lines, is preparing 120 shortlisted applicants for interviews by Carnival Corporation – the latest cruise ship line looking to recruit from Barbados.
Chief executive officer and founder of Trinity, Judeen Scantlebury, told the WEEKEND NATION Carnival officials were due here in a few months to do assessments of the applicants.
Between 2012 and last year, close to 400 Barbadians and other Caribbean nationals were employed by several of the major cruise ship companies, working in departments such as housekeeping, administration, restaurant and bars and the galley. (GC)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.