Police on the scene at Haggatt Hall where an elderly woman was attacked and killed by dogs. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Skeete and Mayers bow out Read More
- North Stars ‘safe as ever’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
ONE WOMAN HAS DIED and a young man is in hospital after being attacked by dogs this morning.
Police spokesman Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler says the 74-year-old resident of Monroe Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, was attacked by a “pack of dogs” around 5:30 a.m.
A 30 year-old male who tried to help was also attacked and he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment.
Cobbler said they were told the dogs were pitbulls, but have been unable to confirm this.
The woman was on her way to church.
Police investigations are continuing. (BN)
Police on the scene.
A police vehicle blocks the road at Haggatt Hall
Curious residents in the area.