Police on the scene at Haggatt Hall where an elderly woman was attacked and killed by dogs. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- Easy, breezy Butterfly Read More
- North pull it off Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
ONE WOMAN HAS DIED and a young man is in hospital after being attacked by dogs this morning.
Police spokesman Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler says the 74-year-old resident of Monroe Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, was attacked by a “pack of dogs” around 5:30 a.m.
A 30 year-old male who tried to help was also attacked and he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment.
Cobbler said they were told the dogs were pitbulls, but have been unable to confirm this.
The woman was on her way to church.
Police investigations are continuing. (BN)
Police on the scene.
A police vehicle blocks the road at Haggatt Hall
Curious residents in the area.