- BEC: Low productivity is everyone’s problem Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism is the answer to problems Read More
- Barbados find going tough in hockey Read More
- Pride feel pressure Read More
- EDITORIAL: Act now to stamp out squatting Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Co-opted unionists Read More
- Ballroom Brilliance Read More
Actor and activist Lamman Rucker of Meet The Browns and Why Did I Get Married arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport today for a promotional affair. Rucker will be at the Limegrove Lifestyle Centre tomorrow to work alongside Barbadian choreographer, dancer producer, playwright Trevor Pretty at the launch of his Back to Black Foundation to help teens who want to launch, develop and support their artistic careers internationally. It is to promote uniqueness and individuality. Rucker surprised NationNews.com with the information that he is sorry to leave so early (he departs Monday) because he wanted to formalize his dual citizenship — his grandfather is Barbadian Ebenezer Ray from St Michael. Also arriving minutes behind Rucker was Dre the King, model, stylist, actor and brother of musical hitmaker Swizz Beatz (husband to Alicia Keys.) Dre the King stated that he is here for five days and hope to soak up some sun after the event tomorrow and was happy to escape the weather in New York.