Destiny Thompson’s mother Martina Mayers (left) being consoled by her mother Antoinette Rampersaud. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Worrell places fourth at Junior Pan Ams Read More
- Garner signs off Read More
- Bajans must hold place on WI team Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- A soca party on de Hill Read More
IT’S THE NEWS no parent ever wants to hear; worse still, a grandmother on her birthday.
With barely a year of secondary school under her belt, 12-year-old Springer Memorial Secondary School student Destiny Martina Thompson lost her life after being involved in a collision with a car along the Boarded Hall, St George section of Highway 5 yesterday evening.
The car was driven by Alicia Mayers, 26, of Wildey, St Michael.
According to residents in the nearby housing development, Thompson, of the Vineyard, St Philip, was killed moments after exiting a minibus around 3:30 p.m. She was hit when crossing the busy road to meet her mother, Martina Mayers, who was working in the development. (AD)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.