Destiny Thompson’s mother Martina Mayers (left) being consoled by her mother Antoinette Rampersaud. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- BRA’s Treasury Building branch to close early tomorrow Read More
- LIAT flight disruptions due to Hurricane Maria Read More
- King in waiting Read More
- Holder still a hot shot Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Songwriters get avenue to improve skills Read More
IT’S THE NEWS no parent ever wants to hear; worse still, a grandmother on her birthday.
With barely a year of secondary school under her belt, 12-year-old Springer Memorial Secondary School student Destiny Martina Thompson lost her life after being involved in a collision with a car along the Boarded Hall, St George section of Highway 5 yesterday evening.
The car was driven by Alicia Mayers, 26, of Wildey, St Michael.
According to residents in the nearby housing development, Thompson, of the Vineyard, St Philip, was killed moments after exiting a minibus around 3:30 p.m. She was hit when crossing the busy road to meet her mother, Martina Mayers, who was working in the development. (AD)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.