- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- Volcanoes take Super50 victory Read More
- Cornwall deserves Windies pick Read More
- Use your words to empower others Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
BARBADOS’ top two junior athletics meets are on another collision course.
Apparently the Barbados Secondary Schools Athletic Championships (BSSAC) can’t avoid clashing with the finals of the National Primary Schools’ Athletic Championships (NAPSAC) after securing the dates to use the Stadium since last year.
BSSAC assistant meet director Andrew Brathwaite disclosed the news after it was revealed that both the Frank Blackman Zone and the first day of the NAPSAC finals at the Usain Bolt Complex will run concurrently on March 22.
“We booked the dates more than a year in advance. I think there was some uncertainty with regard to NAPSAC and I am not sure if NAPSAC’s dates were booked in the same manner, but at this point in time it would be difficult to make any changes to accommodate one or the other,” said Brathwaite. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.