Political economy editor at Forbes John Tammy addressing those gathered at Hilton. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: The truth and the corporate truth Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Our economies must be diversified Read More
- Holder: Windies in a tough phase Read More
- St Barnabas whip Blackbirds ‘B’ Read More
- A lot resting on Bay Street hotel Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Should my daughter marry again? Read More
- Not much hype Read More
“DEVALUATION NEVER WORKS!”
That is the caution coming from an internationally recognised economist, who believes that Barbados should not even be contemplating devaluing its dollar.
John Tammy, a political economy editor at Forbes, has advised that the country do everything to maintain its current 2:1 peg with the United States dollar.
Speaking at Hilton Barbados during the Chartered Financial Analyst Society Barbados’ Forecast Dinner on Wednesday night, Tammy explained that devaluation almost always stunted economic growth. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.