Political economy editor at Forbes John Tammy addressing those gathered at Hilton. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- BlackBerry rally derailed as investors lose patience on turnaround Read More
- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- Laurando hits hat-trick Read More
- King’s ace Read More
- Embrace moves to ditch plastics Read More
- Countering the professor Read More
- When talent shines Read More
“DEVALUATION NEVER WORKS!”
That is the caution coming from an internationally recognised economist, who believes that Barbados should not even be contemplating devaluing its dollar.
John Tammy, a political economy editor at Forbes, has advised that the country do everything to maintain its current 2:1 peg with the United States dollar.
Speaking at Hilton Barbados during the Chartered Financial Analyst Society Barbados’ Forecast Dinner on Wednesday night, Tammy explained that devaluation almost always stunted economic growth. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.