Political economy editor at Forbes John Tammy addressing those gathered at Hilton. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- THE HOYOS FILE: ‘Big Six’ tax still ruling Govt’s revenue Read More
- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Jennifer St Hill Read More
- Tons of Pride Read More
- Coaches' call Read More
- EDITORIAL: Windies problems bigger than players Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN': Own-way yuh is feel Read More
- Strictly dancing over two days Read More
“DEVALUATION NEVER WORKS!”
That is the caution coming from an internationally recognised economist, who believes that Barbados should not even be contemplating devaluing its dollar.
John Tammy, a political economy editor at Forbes, has advised that the country do everything to maintain its current 2:1 peg with the United States dollar.
Speaking at Hilton Barbados during the Chartered Financial Analyst Society Barbados’ Forecast Dinner on Wednesday night, Tammy explained that devaluation almost always stunted economic growth. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.