Political economy editor at Forbes John Tammy addressing those gathered at Hilton. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The Caribbean’s major financial crisis Read More
- Economic restoration needs unified action (Part 1) Read More
- FAST FORWARD Read More
- Okay for super teams Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Jury still out on carpooling call Read More
- It’s not too late, Mr Prime Minister Read More
- Rihanna wins top humanitarian award Read More
“DEVALUATION NEVER WORKS!”
That is the caution coming from an internationally recognised economist, who believes that Barbados should not even be contemplating devaluing its dollar.
John Tammy, a political economy editor at Forbes, has advised that the country do everything to maintain its current 2:1 peg with the United States dollar.
Speaking at Hilton Barbados during the Chartered Financial Analyst Society Barbados’ Forecast Dinner on Wednesday night, Tammy explained that devaluation almost always stunted economic growth. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.