Political economy editor at Forbes John Tammy addressing those gathered at Hilton. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- UWI new queens Read More
- Warrican’s spin hurts Red Force Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- Barrow’s warning coming to pass Read More
- Court of Appeal orders retrial for Soca star Machel Montano Read More
“DEVALUATION NEVER WORKS!”
That is the caution coming from an internationally recognised economist, who believes that Barbados should not even be contemplating devaluing its dollar.
John Tammy, a political economy editor at Forbes, has advised that the country do everything to maintain its current 2:1 peg with the United States dollar.
Speaking at Hilton Barbados during the Chartered Financial Analyst Society Barbados’ Forecast Dinner on Wednesday night, Tammy explained that devaluation almost always stunted economic growth. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.