Political scientist Dr Don Marshall suggests moving Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler. (FILE)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Dominant Froome wins fourth Tour Read More
- England win Women’s World Cup in thrilling finish Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- A soca party on de Hill Read More
HEAD OF THE SIR ARTHUR Lewis Institute for Social and Economic Studies (SALISES), Dr Don Marshall, has offered a radical solution to the impasse between the Central Bank governor and the Minister of Finance.
Marshall, a political scientist, was yesterday giving his analysis of the unprecedented situation facing the Freundel Stuart administration after Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler tried unsuccessfully to remove Governor Dr DeLisle Worrell after giving him an ultimatum to either resign by the end of business last Monday or be fired.
Worrell went to court on the weekend and got a temporary injunction restraining Sinckler from removing him from the top job. Justice Randall Worrell, before whom the parties appeared, has reserved his ruling until today. He could lift the injunction, maintain it, or impose specific measures on the parties. (GE)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.