Donnya Piggott (FILE)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Surfers worried over Sandy Lane plan Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
PRESIDENT of Barbados Gays And Lesbians Against Discrimination (B-GLAD), Donnya Piggott, has welcomed Archbishop of the West Indies and Anglican Bishop of Barbados Dr John Holder’s position on how Christians ought to treat members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
During a Press conference on Thursday, Holder enunciated the Anglican Church’s position that every human being should be treated “as a child of God, irrespective of their sexual orientation” and he admonished those Christians who ridiculed members of the LGBT community.
He described as “sad” those Christians who ridiculed other human beings and “give the impression that they are children of the devil and not children of God”.
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.