STANDING TALL: Shibbir Greenidge lit up the Silver Hill court with shots like this. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THE enigmatic Shibbir Greenidge showed his immense road tennis potential in leading a number of big guns into the next round of the Silver Hill Road Tennis Championship when the action continued on the Silver Hill court on Sunday night.
After Greenidge lost the opening game to Terry “The Puncher” Dottin, the fans restarted the rumour that Greenidge did not show for the Saturday night clash as he was scared of Dottin.
However, when Greenidge unreeled some smoking drives and shifting smashes, the thrilled fans became scared for Dottin.
Greenidge repeatedly sent Dottin the wrong way as the man who boasts of having the best backhand in tennis found himself out of his depth to be drowned by a tidal wave of shots from Greenidge 20-22, 21-13, 21-11. (KB)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.