Eleven passengers on board the Sea Princess, seen here docked at the Bridgetown Port yesterday, were not allowed to disembark after falling sick. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography.)
- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Kyle Hope, Ambris added to squad Read More
- Malinga gets suspended sentence for media comments Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- Time for a rebirth Read More
- RPB, Queen T to go first on Phenomenal Friday Read More
SEVERAL VISITORS ON board an Australian cruise ship to Barbados were confined to their rooms after a virus outbreak on the vessel.
A gastroenteritis bug prevented 11 visitors from disembarking the Sea Princess after it docked at the Bridgetown Port at 7:45 a.m. yesterday.
It was the first time in over five years that the ship, which carries an estimated 1 950 passengers and is currently on a 90-day world cruise, had docked in Barbados’ waters.
But Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr Joy St John has given her assurance that local health authorities were always on top of the situation.
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.