Prime Minister Freundel Stuart. (FILE)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Under 17 team in Argentina Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart is not worried about the country’s latest downgrade by international rating agency Standard & Poor’s.
That’s because his Government has no plans to borrow money on the international market.
Stuart told a gathering of Democratic Labour Party (DLP) members and faithful yesterday he would instead be focusing his efforts on keeping Barbados’ economic growth on the upswing.
The DLP president was in an upbeat mood during the party’s
mid-year conference at Queen’s College when he briefly dealt with Friday’s downgrade of the country’s long term credit rating by S&P from B to CCC+. (BA)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.