Algernon Symmonds (FILE)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Bajans come up short Read More
- WI best not good enough Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
PROMINENT FORMER ATTORNEY, public servant and diplomat Algernon “Algy” Symmonds has died.
Ninety-year-old Symmonds, who had retired from his law practice, was ailing in recent years.
He passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Friday night, hours after being taken there earlier in the day.
Symmonds had a distinguished career in the Civil Service and was awarded the Gold Crown of Merit.
He leaves to mourn his widow Gladwin, their children attorneys Peter and Donna Symmonds and his sister Dame Patricia Symmonds. (GC)