Bulls guard Rahiim Gibbons (right) blocking Derion Hurley at the rim during a contest last year. (FP)
- Lenstec Barbados wins legal battle Read More
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Barbados participates in Beijing Caribbean Film Festival Read More
THE CHAMPS are unbeaten no more.
Kelan Phillips scored 25 points, including three clutch free throws, as Burger King Clapham Bulls handed Orange 3 Pinelands their first loss of the Co-operators General Insurance Basketball Premier League via Saturday’s 75-69 victory at the Barbados Community College.
The win was the fourth in five games for the upstart Bulls, who’ve been one of the league’s early surprises by contending with an eight-man roster.
Yet nothing was more startling than this result, which snapped the Pine’s unbeaten streak after the reigning kings beat the other three 2016 playoff teams to start this season. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.