Bulls guard Rahiim Gibbons (right) blocking Derion Hurley at the rim during a contest last year. (FP)
- ON THE RIGHT: Customers seek memorable experiences Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Technology can differentiate service Read More
- West Indies, Afghanistan to meet in T20Is, ODIs in June Read More
- HC on chess mission for Poon Read More
- EDITORIAL: Together we must fight gun crime Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Stop talking, start doing Read More
- Ballroom Brilliance Read More
THE CHAMPS are unbeaten no more.
Kelan Phillips scored 25 points, including three clutch free throws, as Burger King Clapham Bulls handed Orange 3 Pinelands their first loss of the Co-operators General Insurance Basketball Premier League via Saturday’s 75-69 victory at the Barbados Community College.
The win was the fourth in five games for the upstart Bulls, who’ve been one of the league’s early surprises by contending with an eight-man roster.
Yet nothing was more startling than this result, which snapped the Pine’s unbeaten streak after the reigning kings beat the other three 2016 playoff teams to start this season. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.