Jonathan Jones (second right) crossing the line to comfortably win the Under-20 Boys’ 400 metres. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.).
- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Bolt holds on for final Golden Spike win Read More
- QC boys hold on to claim league crown Read More
- Simple but not simplistic Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- $250 000 calypso prize ‘not possible’ Read More
MULTIPLE ATHLETES met CARIFTA Games qualifying standards at the Barbados vs Trinidad and Tobago Junior Athletic Classic at the National Stadium on Saturday.
And Team 246 ran away with the title at the inaugural event.
An 86-point margin separated the two nations as Barbados ended with 540 points and Trinidad and Tobago 454.
Barbados’ Ondre Callender cemented his qualifying leap in the sand pit in the Under-18 boys long jump event.
The Lester Vaughan student and member of the Rising Stars Club surpassed the 6.85 metres standard, jumping 6.91 metres. (RG)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.