Jonathan Jones (second right) crossing the line to comfortably win the Under-20 Boys’ 400 metres. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.).
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Regional Under-15 tournament a platform for future stars Read More
- Coach LeSaldo making impact Read More
- A dream or nightmare? Read More
- Welcome to a different place Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
MULTIPLE ATHLETES met CARIFTA Games qualifying standards at the Barbados vs Trinidad and Tobago Junior Athletic Classic at the National Stadium on Saturday.
And Team 246 ran away with the title at the inaugural event.
An 86-point margin separated the two nations as Barbados ended with 540 points and Trinidad and Tobago 454.
Barbados’ Ondre Callender cemented his qualifying leap in the sand pit in the Under-18 boys long jump event.
The Lester Vaughan student and member of the Rising Stars Club surpassed the 6.85 metres standard, jumping 6.91 metres. (RG)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.