Sandals Royal under construction in Christ Church. (FP)
- ON THE RIGHT: The odds favour renewable energy Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Oil prices posing a big risk Read More
- TWO-STAND TEST Read More
- ‘We can hold own’ in 4x100 Read More
- Why spare the rod and spoil the child? Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: We can learn from Samuels Read More
- ‘NOTHING DIRTY’ Read More
CHRIST CHURCH is getting a pair of Sandals.
What started out as major expansion of its existing hotel at Dover has become the construction of a new luxury property to be called Sandals Royal Barbados, which is scheduled to open on December 20.
The project is expected to cost US$160 million when completed, a price tag Sandals Resorts International (SRI) said would make it the company’s “largest ever investment in a single property”.
Company officials also said the construction phase of the new hotel was employing 700 people, a number that was expected to increase to between 1 000 and 1 200 by the end of this month. Also, when Sandals Royal becomes operational, the property will employ 600, bringing the Sandals workforce here to about 1 200. (SC)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.